Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm quoted

My post about the anti-GLBT infomercial that ran here in Tampa1 is getting quite a bit of attention. Wayne Garcia quoted it extensively in his blog, The Political Whore. And Equality Florida has crossposted the entire item.2

1 Can we come up with a catchy name for this controversy, please? I propose H8gate, which incorporates the number of the teevee station that ran the infomercial, the nature of the programming, and "-gate," which by law must be attached to the name of everything controversial after the Watergate scandal.
2 On the Equality Florida blog I am identified as an former employee of the teevee station. In actuality, I worked for the newspaper, which shares the same parent company as the teevee station. The confusion is quite understandable, as the teevee station and newspaper operate out of the same building and are considered sister companies. I began to appear regularly on the teevee station in 2000 or 2001. Nonetheless, I consider myself a print reporter, not a teevee reporter.
3 There is no footnote 3. I just wanted to point out that I'm reading "Infinte Jest" right now, which should explain why I'm employing so many footnotes.

No comments: