Wednesday, February 11, 2009

May I be excused? My brain is full.

I am failing to absorb any new knowledge these days. My brain has no available space for additional information, as it's already filled with the following data:

Some of this information is useless--for example, do I really need to know who said "and that's how I got the vending machine contract for the Kremlin?" (The answers: no, I probably don't need to know that; and it was spoken by Springfield Power Plant owner C. Montgomery Burns.) Other information is frequently outdated. I usually forget where I have parked my car as soon as I sit down at my desk, and I can never recall what I ate for dinner the previous evening.

Surely, there must be a way to increase a brain's capacity to ingest more knowledge. What is it? Does it involve a lobotomy, or magnets? I hope I can find a solution to this challenge soon, as it's getting late and I don't remember if I fed the dog yet.

No comments: