Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things I Won't Miss About Working At The Tribune, Parts I And II

Leaving the Tampa Tribune on Feb. 29 will be a bittersweet occasion.

Journalism is the only industry I have ever worked in. At the Tampa Tribune, I'm honored to work alongside some of the finest reporters, photographers and editors in the field. There are a lot of good people working for this newspaper, and I'm fortunate that I get to call some of them my friends.

Having said all that, there are quite a few things I certainly will not miss. Here are two of them:

The world's worst paper towel dispenser
This is the world's worst paper towel dispenser. It arrived in the men's bathroom on the third floor of the News Center about four years ago. Most of the time, it doesn't dispense paper towels. When it does, it's so sensitive that it spits out about two feet of paper when someone walks in the door.

Media General stock performance 2/2005 to 2/2008
This is a graph showing the closing stock prices for Media General, the Tampa Tribune's parent company, over the past three years. I am quite grateful that I will no longer have to follow the ups and downs (and downs and downs) of this stock on Wall Street.

No comments: