Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Came, I Saw, iPhone

When I accepted my new job with PricewaterhouseCoopers, I celebrated with a short trip to Orlando with Complementary Spouse Britt Shirley, and by buying some gifts for my parents, brother and sister-in-law, and (of course) Ryland, the world's cutest baby.

(Don't tell Ryland I got him something, because I haven't given it to him yet. I want him to be surprised. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't read my blog.)

I had not purchased anything for myself because, well, there was nothing I really needed. I didn't see a need to go on a shopping spree. I thought it best to be prudent.

Last night, I decided to reward myself with something that I didn't actually need, but that I have really wanted for a long time.

Dave and the iPhone

Of course, I couldn't buy myself an iPhone without buying one for Britt, could I?

Dave and two iPhones


It's not the most rational purchase I've ever made, but it's a nice way to treat myself. Also, I understand that everyone else in the Society of Journalism Refugees has an iPhone, and I really want to fit in at my first meeting.

No comments: