Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Stray Thoughts

I don't want anyone to think that Complementary Spouse Britt Shirley and I are warming up to the homeless kitty that roams our neighborhood. However, tonight we gave the little fella some steak scraps, and then made a makeshift bed for him out of an cardboard box and an old towel.

The temperature is going to dip below 30 degrees tonight, people. That's Eskimo weather! Britt and I aren't heartless!

Our neighbors Mark and Tina also feed the stray cat from time to time. Britt and Tina have even proposed that we name the cat Itchy.

It's a terrible suggestion if Britt and Tina are trying to pay homage to the show-within-a-show on the Simpsons, as everybody knows the mouse is Itchy and the cat is Scratchy. (I mean, come on! Isn't that common knowledge?)

However, I admit that Itchy is probably an appropriate name for our little neighborhood stray, as he's likely lousy with fleas.

No comments: