Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Alvin, Simon and Theology

I am absolutely appalled that Hollywood would release a children's film (a KID'S FILM!) right in the middle of the holiday season (HANUKKAH and CHRISTMAS) that makes people question their belief in a kind and loving G-d.

I refer, of course, to "Alvin and the Chipmunks."

The mere fact that this film got made makes me wonder if G-d exists. The previews and TV commercials I've been forced to endure are proof, I believe, that G-d does not care about our suffering.

If you know what's good for you, you'll steer clear of that damn rodent movie this weekend. Instead, go see that nice film about the girl with the compass and the polar bear friends. I saw it last weekend and it was quite interesting.

(A tangent: Someone recently confessed to me that he kind of liked the Alvin & the Chipmunks, and their Christmas song in particular. I asked what the hell a chipmunk would do if it actually received a hula hoop as a present. It would be much too big for the chipmunk to actually use: a chipmunk is about the size of a squirrel, you see, and a hula hoop is about three feet in diameter.)

No comments: