Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Than A Press Release

Let's put all the politics and science aside for a moment.

If I ran a company, and a member of my board of directors won a Nobel Prize, I'd want to do more than issue a press release. That's why I was incredibly impressed to see Apple Inc. use its home page -- some of its most valuable marketing and promotional space -- to congratulate Al Gore on the Nobel Peace Prize.

Apple.com home page

Before you start huffing and puffing about global climate change being fraudulent science, remember that I said that this post wasn't about science and politics. It was just about what I would do if I ran a big company. All I'm saying is that Apple's move was very, very cool. Unlike global warming. Oops, no, I didn't say that. That was a typo.

No comments: