Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You Shuffle Me Right 'Round

On the Entertainment Weekly Popwatch Blog, a writer confesses that the first five songs that crop up randomly on his iPod when he selects Shuffle are a bit, er, fruity. As he puts it: "Apparently, my iPod is saying I'm gayer than a tangerine wearing a feather boa shopping for ginger bodywash at Origins, but I think most of you already knew that."

I wondered what would happen if I selected Shuffle on my iPod. Here's what came up:

-- "Casey Jones," Grateful Dead
-- "Mrs. Robinson (Live)," Paul Simon
-- "Candy Everybody Wants," 10,000 Maniacs
-- "Sewn," The Feeling
-- "New Moon On Monday," Duran Duran

I've only got one song from the last 20 years, but I don't think I come off looking too bad. A few more clicks produced "Us Amazonians" by Kirsty MacColl, "Rio" by Duran Duran, "Take Your Mama" by Scissor Sisters and "Angel, Won't You Call Me?" by the Decemberists.

What happens when you press Shuffle on your iPod? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments: